Buying real estate is a significant milestone in a person’s life. There are many factors to be considered. Selecting a real estate professional to assist you in this process will lead you in the right direction.
How large a home do you want to buy? Do you prefer new construction or resale? These are the types of questions that need careful consideration.
Whether you’re buying for the first time or the tenth time, it’s important to speak with a local lender prior to your search. Credit report errors, qualifying rule changes, closing costs and other areas of the loan process should be resolved as soon as possible. Pre-qualification will take the guess work out of how much you plan to spend and what your closing costs and down payment will be. Being pre-qualified strengthens your negotiating position when you make an offer on a home. This gives the seller onfidence that you have discussed your financial options and will be able to proceed with the transaction.
Looking at Homes
There are several things to keep in mind when evaluating homes. While you’re looking, try to remain focused on the needs you discussed with us in the counseling session. Don’t forget your basic needs. Keep the best three choices in mind, disregarding all others. We will help you learn market value and help evaluate the condition of the home by pointing out possible repairs and maintenance items. In each home, we will discuss how your lifestyle will be complemented, taking into account school distance, house construction, age, yard space, and more. You might find the right home in the first few you preview. Don’t be afraid to make an offer. If you are clear in what you want, we will be looking only at houses that fit your needs.
Consumer Information Resources
As a consumer, information is everything. The following links are some of the best on the Internet and should give you a great deal of value.
- HUD Housing Consumer Page
- FDIC National Contact Center
- First Go-U.S. Government Info
- Consumer Reports
- FSIS-Department of Agriculture
- Consumer Product Safety Commission
- EPA-Concerned Citizens Resources
- FDIC-Consumers and Communities
- Consumer Protection
- HUD Housing Government Inf
- NHTSA- National Highway Traffic and Safety
- Frugal Living
- Consumer.Gov-Consumer Info -Government
- Consumer Drug Information
- Mortgage Broker Consumer Info
- Consumer Information on Insurance and Warranties
- Care Providers Consumer Information
- American Express- Credit Consumer Info
- HDTV-Consumer Information
- Equifax.Com- Credit Info
- LemonLawAmerica- Consumer Protection Info
- Edmunds.Com- Smart Car Buyers Info
- Consumer Health Info